Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 2009


Friday, January 9
I experimented with my new camera and night shooting in New York City. I later found out that I should not have used the Night Shooting setting. I was in a moving car, and got some interesting dancing light photos. I like how this shot show the signage of a busy intersection.









Thursday, January 8, 2009


My friend Arlene gave me a knitting pattern for a hat that is made in ribbing. I have to admit that I was not in love with it as I made it. I find the look of all ribbing to be very boring, plus it is black yarn. I finished it tonight, and was amazed at how cute it looks when it is finished! I now have completed three hats for the children of friends of mine, and I am excited to give them the finished products.





Monday, January 5, 2009
Back to work today. Dominican Academy, the school where I work, is a magnificent landmark townhouse on 68th Street in New York City. It is always beautifully decorated for the Christmas holidays. I wanted to get some photos of the front door with the traditional wreath, which we may use for cards or publicity in the future. Unfortunately, the police left a bunch of metal crowd-control barriers in front of our building when Laura Bush visited down the street before Christmas - they are on the left, and cramped my style in framing the photo. In addition, the building across the street is under renovation, and the contractor has a big white sign on the scaffolding, which reflected in the glass of our door.

No comments:

Post a Comment