Saturday, February 14, 2009

February

I've fallen behind in taking pictures and uploading them. The weather has been so bleak and wintry, I have not really felt called to the camera.


FEBRUARY 14 - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
Finally, the first peek of spring! Every year, the winter aconites bravely poke their heads up in our front yard around President's Day. Usually they end up getting snowed upon. I spotted the first one today, but in about 10 days, there should be a carpet of yellow to greet me as I go in or out.

FEBRUARY 13
I made this card for a challenge on the A Muse Lounge website, called Stamping to the Music, which was to create something using music as an inspiration. I chose the song FALLING IN LOVE AT A COFFEE SHOP by Langdon Pigg. I used the Love Mugs stamp and the color brown to carry out the coffee theme.


FEBRUARY 9
This is the valentine I designed this year, using Twinkling H20 watercolor and the Heart Line stamp from A Muse Artstamps. All mailed on time, too!



FEBRUARY 7
This morning I went out to get the paper and I noticed that the snow had melted off the roof over our stoop and created some interesting ice sculptures on the bushes. This one kind of reminded me of a cross between a proud bird and a unicorn.


FEBRUARY 6
My grand-nephew Jacob loves trains, so I made him this choo-choo card for his two year birthday. All aboard the Happy Birthday Express!

FEBRUARY 2
On this particular morning, the Hudson River was absolutely breathtaking. A warming spell had melted a lot of the ice that had covered the water, and the river was totally calm. The reflection of the Palisades on the opposite site was clear as a mirror. It was difficult to capture the stillness from the moving train, but I think this picture does.

No comments:

Post a Comment